Demo Version limitations:
- Some tools are not allowed to start in standalone mode (e.g. rrViewer)
- 4 clients only
- non-commercial only
If you want to execute the installer/update on an OSX machine, then you have to follow these steps.
The zip format has lost the executable flag.
- Open a terminal and enter chmod a+x with a space at the end.
- Then use a Finder window and and right-click on the installer executable and select "Show package contents".
- Browse to the subfolder Contents/MacOS
- Drag and drop the rrSetup file from the Finder window into the Terminal window.
- Press return to execute the commandline.
How to install (short overview):
- Check the Requirements page first.
- Choose any workstation in your company and extract the zip file to any temp folder.
(Extract WITH folders. Do NOT extract the zip file into the RRender directory!)
- Execute rrSetup_linux, rrSetup_win or rrSetup_osx (depending on the OS your workstation is running. There is no difference, the windows installer installs linux/osx files and vice versa.)
- Short Instructions and informations how to setup RR in your network are displayed inside the rrSetup window.
- Further/detailed information how to setup a basic test and a permanent installation are
available via the RR help files.
How to Update:
- Do not shutdown any RR applications. All jobs are kept.
Within 5 minutes your complete farm is updated and running again.
- Download the updater and point it to the RR installation.
- The rrServer sends a command to all Clients to restart, then it restarts itself. (If these files have been updated)
- If you use Linux/Osx, then you should execute the update on Linux or OSX, otherwise the executable flags might not be set.
If this is already the case, then please execute the application RR/bin/.../rrSetExeRights to fix the installed files.
- Optional: Sometimes submission plugins are updated. As these are installed onto the Workstation, you might want to update these as well:
You can either use the rrWorkstationInstaller on each machine to reinstall the Submission Plugins only.
Or you can create a command job via rrControl menu Clients to do that on all machines that have a rrClient running.